Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday 'leners!!!!

Happy 8th Birthday Elenita!!!
I remember the day you were born so well... It was such a special time for me to be there the very second you took your first breath. You fill our family with so many giggles, hugs, silliness and lots of joy! Thank you for being YOU!
I love you so much!
And, you are way cute!

By the way, the weather this afternoon decided to celebrate Spring in honor of you! It is in the mid 60's, very humid, and the sun is peeking through the clouds! Eric and I went to the Asian coffee shop to celebrate with some delicious bubble tea! Mine was Kiwi and Eric's was watermelon. We went on a walk on our nice path by the river and enjoyed the sunshine and the "tea" (which is like a thick cold fruit smoothie with tapioca balls the size of marbles!) After drinking mine and chewing up all the tapioca balls, my little squished stomach was pressing up against my ribs! That kind of hurts (thank you, baby). Luckily, liquid fruit digests fast. All the snow is melting and all that is left are these pathetic little dirty lumps on the sides of the road in some places. The ground is thawing, and the air smells like fresh earth. Unfortunately, it's March. Which means that it could very well snow again tomorrow... but for today, Happy Spring to Chicago, and Happy Birthday to Elena!!!

Some boring nonsense:
I spent this morning cleaning the baby's room (again...). It is a never ending process and a never ending power struggle for space. It always looks half-way decent in the end, but by the next day, I realize there is still no room for a baby. Grrr.... That's what happens when you make a walk in closet into a baby's room and have to use it both for storage and for baby, since there is no other storage elsewhere in our building (yes, our bikes are in the living room...lol). It's getting there, though, and should be up and running by the time baby decides to reveal itself (I keep asking and asking, but it just won't tell me if it's a boy or a girl!!!). And can someone tell me why the only "gender neutral" colors are lime green and lemon yellow??? I mean, really. And this is why I am having my baby shower after the baby is born!
And now you may be thinking that I am completely and utterly consumed with this baby...and the truth is, I am. I mean, if you were a walking and talking hippopotamus every day and had crazy baby dreams at night (believe me, they are getting weird!) and had a squished stomach that bruised your ribs every time you ate, I think you would be a little baby-crazed yourself. After all, in just over two months, this baby will be actually HERE. And we all know how fast months go by these days...(except when you are 7 and are counting down the months and weeks and days until you turn 8....I know how that is, 'lena!).

Oh, and Jack says hi.
Lily would, but she is just fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment