Monday, March 8, 2010

48 pounds of Joy

The other day, I came home from work, walked into my apartment, and was confronted with the biggest baddest box I have EVER seen! Seriously, I think Eric and me and our baby and our two kitties could live inside it pretty comfortably. (ok, maybe not. But it was HUGE!)

Here is Lily sitting in front of it, after being rescued from falling into it several times...what IS it with cats and boxes?






Jack-and-Lily-in-the-box!



...and Lily wants out...but is too fat to jump that high. Kudos to Jack for eating responsibly.



So anyway, inside this gigantic beast was a full 48 pounds of maternity clothes sent to me from by dearly beloved Aunt Helen - all the way in Kansas! They came in the knick of time, too! Because the week they arrived, I officially grew out of pretty much every item of clothing I own (minus the socks and underwear - thank goodness!) making it rather difficult to do anything or go anywhere without looking absolutely ridiculous. Yesterday I spent the afternoon baking (yes, I do this quite often...but my husband brags about me to his friends, so I can't stop now!!!) and cleaning out my drawers of all the things I pretend I can still wear but really just look like an elephant in a tube top when I actually put them on...

Thanks to my wonderful, exquisite, lovely Aunt and her sweet friends from church who are exactly my size, my drawers are full of lovely things that actually fit me and make me look cute! Who would ever have known!?!

Yes. I am officially graduated to wearing maternity clothes almost exclusively now. And, I have an entire borrowed spring wardrobe that has raised my self esteem and given me all the more reason to get out of bed in the morning and get dressed! Yay for being 30 weeks pregnant and looking cute!!! (kind of... Dan knocked on the door last night and when I answered it he says "Hi Bethany! You are looking very....um...preggers...." Thank you, Dan, yes, I do realize this...)

No comments:

Post a Comment