Friday, March 12, 2010

Baby update

I had an appointment this morning with the midwives. Baby-in-belly is measuring perfectly, with a strong heart rate of 150 beats per minute. And, baby is in the head down position! (and should stay that way now until it arrives...no wonder I have been getting kicked in the ribs!!!)
After Sherri was finished taking the heartbeat, she looked at me and said, "So, do you notice how when we started taking the heartbeat your uterus was all hard and bunched up and now it is nice and relaxed? That was a Braxton Hicks contraction!"

I had no idea I was having those. Probably a good thing, since now I feel a little paranoid, although she said not be worried unless I am in pain or am having consistent cramping. It's just my body stretching and practicing! Fun fun fun.

Here's a web image of a baby at 31 weeks to give you an idea of size. In my case, however, the placenta is in the back, not the front, which is the reason why I feel every move the baby makes (and have since week 15!).

No comments:

Post a Comment