Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Coca-cola, babies, and Tacos

No folks, don't give your baby Cola...no matter how young... I did. And it was way too soon. Trust me. (that baby's happy face is just a facade...)

I drank two classes of regular coke on Sunday night at about 9 o'clock. At 10:30, I go to bed. For the next two hours I am laying in bed, exhausted, not able to sleep because my unborn child was literally bouncing off the walls (of my uterus) for a full TWO HOURS. Apparently, coke had the perfect sugar/caffeine combo and my baby drank it up rather greedily...and then I had to be the victimized one. O boy. That won't be happening again.

Last night we had a big taco party here with all of our friends in the apartment building (5 others plus Eric and I)! Eric is a genius at cooking Mexican Alambre (which is funny to me since he never even lived there, but let me tell you...it's AWESOME!)... He does the whole beef and bacon combo complete with chili de arbol and a bunch of other stuffs that he doesn't let me see. ;) Luc made a huge pitcher of Sangria and let me tell you, these boys are getting just a little too good at making this stuff...(I believe you know what I am talking about)
Pete and Rachael brought a massive bowl of homemade salsa, and Eric grilled green peppers to be in place of the nopales (which we didn't have, since Eric shopped at Jewel for said ingredients). So you can imagine... Tacos de alambre topped with onions, cilantro, lime, grilled green pepper, and spicy fresh salsa.... HEAVEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment