Friday, April 30, 2010

The very hungry baby

I think the baby was crying inside me today and my body promptly responded.... and then I had to change my shirt.

Thoroughly weirded out that my boobs are leaking and the baby has yet to need external nutrition, I texted Eric to tell him the news. I guess I didn't communicate very well because he definitely thought that my water had broken and began (in his head) to plan out a speedy return home.

I don't blame him for being paranoid. After all, he IS in Colorado and I am in Chicago....with contractions, contractions, and more contractions! (none of which have been labor inducing, but still...).

But now he is not the only one paranoid. After all, I have been checking the front of my shirt every 5 minutes since this morning just to make sure that everything is staying where it should! I am also making a Target run today to pick up all those extra baby essentials that I have been putting off for so long just in case we need them sooner than expected!

Although we have absolutely no idea when real labor will actually begin, I can tell you truthfully that my body has felt a lot different these past couple of days than before... I have an inkling that this very active baby may be wanting a bigger space to play in sooner rather than later...(hello world!!!). After all, at 37 weeks, this baby is welcome to and may come at any time!

1 comment:

  1. just caught up on your blog. I stopped reading blogs when josh came home, but he's still in bed, and I'm wide awake, so I wanted to see how you were doing. So ready to see your cute kid-to-come!

    ReplyDelete