Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Revenge of the Vegetable Soup

Do you see this bowl of soup?
This was supposed to be my lunch yesterday.
Suffering through a terrible head cold, I lugged a large can of Italian vegetable soup all the way to work in order to eat it for lunch. So I am feeding Caleb lunch and have only taken two bites of my soup before I have to get up and blow my nose. As I am sitting back down in my chair, my enormous belly knocks into my bowl of soup, dumping hot vegetables and broth all over me, the table, the chair and the floor.
I looked at Caleb...he looked at me...we both looked at the mess...and then he started bawling. I felt like bawling too, but decided to keep control of myself for Caleb's sake.

I was covered with soup from the top of my belly all the way down to my shoe on the right side.
Lovely.
I spent the next half hour cleaning up the massive soup explosion and trying to console a crying Caleb, who was in his crib so I could clean up the mess. I smelled like soup for the rest of the day. I think the only good part about my clumsiness is that Kristy's floor got a good scrubbing.

So, Baby of mine, while Kristy may be happy about the outcome, your protrusion cost me my lunch...and I had to eat peanut butter and jelly instead and then suffer through hours of heartburn instead of enjoying nice hot soup to clear my sinuses. But it's ok. I still love you. And knowing me, even if you weren't inside me causing me to be constantly off balance, I probably would have knocked the bowl over anyway. At least I didn't break any dishes... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment