Friday, April 23, 2010

Baby update

We had the ultrasound today! For various reasons, Eric decided to postpone his departure until after the ultrasound, which made me incredibly happy that he came with me to see our baby (you know as well as I do that he is just as madly in love with this little baby as I am)!

Everything looks great! Baby is in the 45th percentile for growth, which is perfectly average for its gestational age....which is actually a week behind what my estimated due date was predicted as formerly. So, according to the baby's growth, it seems that my ultrasound estimated due date is actually more like May 25th (instead of the 19th), or somewhere around there (as babies come whenever they feel ready...regardless of what we may think). Kind of a bummer, since I have to backtrack a week mentally and say that I am really still in my 35th week, but a wonderful thing considering the fact that our baby is healthy and happy and growing as it should be! Only two more weeks until the baby is considered to be full term (at 37 weeks), and then two more after that and my family will be here!!! :D

Lots to look forward to in May! I just hope that this last week of April goes by fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment