Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bubble Bath Blues

After almost 8 hours of entertaining/lifting/chasing around Caleb yesterday, along with the added pressure of a baby's head burrowing down down down into my pelvic cavity, I came home last night needing to simply relax. Perfect solution! A warm bubble bath!

(Note to Moms: don't worry, next week is my last week of Caleb care, and Mata care is over as well since his mom is in the hospital delivering a baby as I type this!)

I got everything ready for an easy entry and exit, so that I could crawl straight into bed with a movie as soon as the bath was done. It sounded amazing. It really did. And it was! Well, being IN the bath was amazing. Getting out? Not so much.

After a long and relaxing soak (at which point my fingers and toes had become soggy raisins), I pulled the washcloth out of the drain (our landlord must not believe in drain plugs) and began my climb out of the tub....only to discover that the rest of the bathroom had gotten jealous while I was soaking and decided to be just like the tub. Needless to say, there was water EVERYWHERE.

I was MAD! For several reasons. One, my body was finally completely relaxed and ready to crawl into bed. Two, I had just spent all day Sunday washing the floors until they shone, and now the bathroom drain (which is on the floor beside the tub) decides to back up and flood the whole bathroom with gross drain water. And three, the reason why the drain backed up in the first place was because our landlord did not re-seal the lid after he routed out the drain last month.

I spent the next half hour cleaning up the bathroom, only to finally get into bed and realize that I smelled like a mildewed towel. And then to make matters worse, Eric sends me a text message informing me that yes, he loves me, but they just got back from the Colorado Rockies game and he has to go get in the hot tub now, so he will talk to me tomorrow. Some business trip that is...

Ok, so I am a little envious that I didn't get to tag along with them. It's true. Even the idea of staying home alone for ten days in my 9th month of pregnancy kind of makes me want to shrivel up inside. But, since that is the reality, I am trying to make the best of it. I have activities with work or friends or church lined up for every day this week, including the weekend, so as not to die of boredom or envy as Eric sits in the outdoor hot tub in gorgeous CO surrounded by mountains and munching on diamonds.....

No comments:

Post a Comment