Thursday, May 6, 2010

Contraction Distraction

Today, I have been having lots of intense Braxton Hicks contractions. More intense then they have been, including some cramping and overall discomfort. While they have not been picking up in speed or strength as of yet, I am trying to put my body to good use while my body does whatever it decides it is doing....
So, my contraction distractions of the day are as follows:
  • Eat breakfast (check!)
  • Take a shower (check!)
  • Get my current thank you cards in the mail (check!)
  • Eat a second breakfast (check!)
  • Make Eric take a shower (check!)
  • Call the cloth diaper service with my list of questions (check!)
  • Print off the IL health insurance application (check!)
  • Eat lunch (check!)
  • Email my church to be placed in a mom's group in my area (check!)
  • Finish off the last loaf of banana bread (check!....sorry Eric)
  • Complete the hospital pre-registration form (check!)
  • Give my blog a new look (check!)
  • Bake two loaves of whole wheat bread - cinnamon swirl and chocolate swirl! (in process....!)
  • Annoy Eric while he tries to take a nap (check!)
  • Wash the dishes (check!)
  • Breathe deeply as another contraction clenches my entire midsection into a tight ball (check!)
  • Snack on some salt and vinegar potato chips that I have hiding in the pantry (check!)
  • Re-paint my toe nails, which have become quite the disaster area in the art scene (to-do)
  • Pack a hospital bag....just in case... (to-do)
  • Nibble on some chocolate (definitely to-do!)
  • Finish baking my bread before I have this baby (to-do!)
  • Review my list of early labor signs (to-do!)
  • Pull together my list of addresses for the baby shower in June (to-do!)
  • Eat a slice of steamy bread when it comes out of the oven (DEFINITELY to-do!!!)
  • Etc....etc....etc.... and the list still goes on....
So far, so good. And yes, I agree with Eric completely. I would totally suck at bed-rest. Excuse my language, but it's true. I would be the worst bed-rest patient IN THE WORLD!!! Let's just say that Eric and I are both very very thankful that this has been such a good pregnancy and that I have been able to still maintain my very very active lifestyle! Which, come to think of it, is probably the reason why my initial weight gain was such an issue.... but, guess what - news flash - I am officially on-target with weight and after taking some maternity studio shots the other night (yes, you will see them eventually...after Eric's crazy week winds down) I officially look CHUBBY. O well. At least I don't have any belly stretch marks to speak of. I've got to stop baking as my main distraction.... :P


Note to self.... this new blog background is a little too pink. I love that cute bird in the pear tree though. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment