Friday, May 7, 2010

Week 38 re-cap

I left the apartment this morning at 8:30 to walk to the hospital for my midwife appointment. I left in the middle of a thunder storm, and as soon as I stepped out of my building, it started monsooning. Needless to say, I was completely soaked by the time I had walked the half mile to the hospital. Umbrellas don't really work when it's raining that hard.
So I go squishing into the office, sign in, and am being seen within 5 minutes of my arrival (unheard of, but wonderful!!!), soggy, but healthy! And lo and behold, within 10 minutes of having arrived at the hospital, the rain stops, the sky turns a brilliant blue, and the sun comes out. And I'm sitting there soaked. Nice.
I walked home in gorgeous weather (it had also warmed up about 15 degrees in those 20 minutes I was inside the hospital), but when I got back home, the sky quickly clouded up and it looks like we are about to have another storm! Gotta love spring!
Here's a quick re-cap of some events this week:

This is my current art piece underway... a wood block reduction print. So far, I have only carved half of it, as it can be taxing on my belly to lean over for too long. But I do have high expectations for how it will turn out! If you can't tell what it is, it is an animal parade, led by the baby sitting atop the giraffe's back. The animals will be printed in black ink on probably a pastel colored background. Still to be decided...
Here is me at 38 weeks! My cropping device wasn't working, so you get my bathroom tri-fold mirror in all its tripled glory. Eric also took some studio maternity shots of me earlier this week, but it may be several more days until he gets around to processing them (it's his busiest week of the year right now with it being graduation week at North Park). They are pretty fantastic though!
I am also glad that we finally got around to shooting them, as my midwife told me at my appointment this morning that she has a hunch that I will deliver early...as do I, so we shall see if mother's and midwives' intuition proves correct! Eric hopes that baby will at least wait until Sunday, since he is booked pretty much every hour of Friday and Saturday...but I really don't think we have a say in the matter at this point.

I said goodbye to Caleb this week, as it was my last week of work. I love this kid. And he is a total HAM for the camera, if you couldn't already tell! :) I will definitely miss hanging out with him (and the paychecks....), but am looking forward to spending my time with my own little squirt instead of someone else's.

My whole wheat cinnamon swirl bread turned out FABULOUS!!! I put the chocolate swirl loaf in the freezer to save for later, since we have already devoured over half of the cinnamon loaf. Now to find something new and delicious to try...

No comments:

Post a Comment