Sunday, May 23, 2010

So tired...

Alexandria is already 6 days old. So sweet and beautiful.
I am in the slow process of recovering, and have spent most of every day in bed - gazing at my daughter, feeding her, and trying to sleep. My labor was about 15 hours, incredibly intense, and let me tell you: Stitches are NO fun. Necessary, yes. But thus equals the slow recovery, where every step I take is labored and slooooooooow. My daughter is worth every second of my discomfort, though, and I am SO HAPPY that she is finally here in person! Just being able to gaze into her eyes, feel her fingers grasp onto mine, and hold her close to me while she drinks my milk is such a miracle!
I can't believe that this perfect tiny angel was formed inside my body. God is just wonderful.

And I am so so SO thankful for my midwives, doula, and nurses (who turned out to be some of my good college friends!!!) who took such good care of me in the hospital. For Luc, for driving us to the hospital and for being on-call for all these months. And for Eric. Who is the love of my life and the most wonderful man I know. (I can't believe he's mine!) And for Eric's mom, who stayed 5 days to help us get settled into our new life and to aid in my recovery process. We are in good hands!

So here's to a growing, healthy, adorable baby, a healing mama, and one cool dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment