Thursday, February 25, 2010

Surprise!

I came home from work early last night, only to be met by Michael ("What are YOU doing Here???") who insisted on taking me out for a bit to spend some birthday time with me while Eric made dinner for the three of us. We went to Rice 'n Roll, shared a strawberry bubble tea filled with tapioca balls, and talked about life. And hour later, Eric calls, tells us that dinner is ready and to come home.

I open my apartment door and SURPRISE!!! There are all my favorite Chicagoan friends sitting in my living room waiting to celebrate with me!!!
And not only that, but the table was FILLED with plates and plates of ribs that Eric had cooked on the grill for 7-9 HOURS!!! In the SNOW!!! Let me tell you. I have found an amazing man. And he is all mine. So there.

I remember one birthday a long time ago when dad was grilling ribs for me in a snowstorm (yes, the snowstorm LOVED to always come on my birthday). He said to me, "Bethers, you better marry someone who will grill ribs for you in the snow..." And.....I did. Eric is amazing. And never ceases to go above and beyond anything I could wish for.

We had such a fun time last night, with the greatest friends, the most delicious ribs, and homemade key lime pie from Keziah!!!! :)

I am loved, blessed, and so happy.
Thank you, Eric. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment