Monday, February 22, 2010

Girls, Vanity, and Lies

Last night after church Eric and I got subs to console our hunger and brought them up to the guys' apartment to hang out and watch some olympics. Two other girls were there who went to NPU with us as well.
Eric and I were bantering back and forth with the guys (as usual) and something came up about the baby and me being pregnant - as it usually does with them. The girls both turn and look at me and holler "You're pregnant?!!! I didn't know you're pregnant!!!!"
I sat there and laughed. (after all, how could they not know just by glancing at my rotundness? Common sense, ladies! I'm not THAT avid of a soccer player that I would carry a ball voluntarily around with me! Let alone tucked under the front of my shirt!) And if was just fat, it wouldn't all be right in front and no where else! And no, this is definitely much to large for a food baby....let alone, it wiggles.
So laughing myself to death, I pat my ball-shaped baby belly and say, "yes, I am six months pregnant - as if you couldn't tell from this bump I'm carrying around!"

And the girls, ah, silly deceitful girls.....say "I can't even tell you're pregnant! I can't even tell!"

To which I laughed some more, stand up, give them my best pregnant profile and say sarcastically "really, you can't tell...?"

"No!!!!" they lied enthusiastically.

Oh the vain deceitfulness of girls.

I secretly hope this baby is a boy.
And if it is a girl, I will teach it not to lie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment