Friday, February 19, 2010

Octopus legs


This morning, I swear I am growing an octopus instead of a baby... Are you sure the ultrasound only showed two arms and two legs? Cuz I definitely feel like there are at least eight limbs rolling and kicking around in there...maybe its a giant squid! Already honing in on 28 weeks pregnant, I don't really see how there is room for this baby to keep growing - I feel stretched to my limits as it is! And to think that is only supposedly weighs 2 pounds right now...what will I look like when it weighs 8? haha. Maybe I shouldn't think too much about it. Yesterday while I was babysitting, the almost 3 year old boy says to me, "Bethany, do you have a soccer ball under your shirt?"
"What do you think, Mata? Do you think there is a soccer ball under there?"
"I don't know. But it looks like there is a soccer ball under your shirt!"
yup....a soccer ball with eight legs that likes to lay its cute little bulbous head smack on my bladder all the time.

Ok, so this blog is probably going to be far from serious, but the reason why I call it "A lifetime of Spring" is because if I was to use one word to describe my life it would be "Change." Everything is always changing (life of a TCK - sisters, take note - it doesn't settle down even after you live in one place for a while - still saying goodbye and starting over all the time) for me and has pretty much determined to be the rhythm of life for Eric and I. So be it. With my immediate family spread out in all different countries, my husband being a visionary with big dreams, and me being an artist with an octopus squirming around in my swollen belly, I have little choice but to let the changes come again and again...and not really ever leave... But, (sisters, another word of advice - yes, thank you thank you) the great thing about being a TCK is that you DO learn how to deal with and cope with change effectively, which means that even if it tries to wreak havoc on your life, you are still in control of how you respond to it. And because of that, I can say with complete truth and honesty that my life has been BLESSED and continues to be blessed with every change that comes - because the Lord continues to provide, guide us, and is always and irrevocably good to us - no matter what.

And because of that, I know that this little balogna loaf will not be born as a jellyish squid, but will be a cute (I hope...haha) little baby human who will show jack who's boss and steal all the attention away from him and his furry fatty sister. (yeah, go baby!!!)

Needless to say, Eric and I are looking forward to May and meeting our little soccer champ that is currently doing backflips in his/her personal hot tub. It's pretty crazy that we are both madly in love with this little being that we have not ever met before, but will spend the rest of our lives with. I guess that's just what happens when you become parents. And in the words of Dan's dad, "You fall completely in love with this baby as soon as you lay eyes on it...and that love just never stops...even when he's all grown up."

(jack is currently climbing up my back and trying to finish typing this for me...good grief. Free cats if anyone is interested...)

Parting words - Carpe diem.
I'm going to go make some art.

No comments:

Post a Comment