Monday, July 23, 2012

Water, Money, and Guacamole

This morning, the girls and I took a trip to the pool with the other Moms and tots in our Monday Moms group. At the pool, Lexi discovered that when you jump into the pool in the "deep end" (only 3 feet or so in the kiddie pool) you go under water. Fortunately for her, I have been her mother for two solid years, which means I was anticipating the jump at some point while we were there. With Lyla under one arm, I jumped into the pool and scooped up a sputtering Lexi, who then proceeded to smile and giggle and wiggle away again. This girl is a water bug. 


After Lexi's nap this afternoon, I noticed that her shorts pockets were bulging and making a familiar crunchy sound. I put in my fingers and dug out a wad of dollar bills. The other pocket was housing a 5 and two 1's. Again, at my discovery, she started giggling and wiggled away. 


While doing laundry in the basement just now, Lexi comes down the stairs yelling "MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY!" I kept correcting her with "Call me Mama, Lexi, Mama." (Mommy is too whiny in my opinion...unfortunately, the whole world seems to disagree with me, making for a very confused toddler). The argument went something like this.
L: MOMMY! MOMMY!! MOOOOOMMMMY!!!!
Me: Lexi, call me Mama, not Mommy.
L: NO! MOMMY!
Me: No, call me Mama.
L: MOMMY!
Me: MAMA.
L: NOO! MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY!!!
Me: NO, LEXI. I'M MAMA. NOT MOMMY!
L: NOT MAMA! GUACAMOLE! GUACAMOLE!
Me: ?
L: GUACAMOLE! GUACAMOLE! GUACAMOLE!!!!!


As I write this, (not really paying attention to said toddler), I look over to see Lexi sitting at the kitchen table with me, wearing my nursing cover, and squirting soap (from the bathroom) all over herself and then rubbing it in her hair with a spoon. Clearly, this kid is going to change the world. 


And of course, while Lexi continues to steal the show, Lyla just sits back, relaxes, and continues to be the best, happiest baby ever. She even laughed for the first time today. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment