Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dry cereal is genius. Unfortunately, not everyone agrees.

This morning I (rather groggily), asked Lexi what she would like for breakfast. The conversation went something like this. 


Me: Lexi, would you like toast for breakfast?
Lexi: NO! 
Me: You don't want toast?
Lexi: NO! I want Bacon! 
Me: Bacon? I don't have any bacon.
Lexi: [with lots of excitement and enthusiasm] NO! I WANT BACON! And EGGS! And PANCAKES! With BLUEBERRIES!!!! 


Not able to win this one and definitely NOT intending to make bacon, eggs and pancakes with blueberries at 6:30 in the morning, I changed my tactic and decided to take a more specific approach.


Me: Lexi you have two choices. Toast or cheerios. That's it. 
Lexi: CHEERIOS!
Me: Ok.
Lexi: NO! TOAST!
Me: Toast?
Lexi: NO! CHEERIOS! NO, toast. I want toast.
Me: Good. How about toast with peanut butter?
Lexi: NO! NO PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! JELLY!!! TOAST WITH JELLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! [keep in mind that coming from Lexi's mouth, jelly is actually pronounced as "JEWWWYYYYY!!!!"]
Me: Lexi, please ask politely.
Lexi: May I please have toast with jelly please? [the two pleases make it extra polite]
Me: Ok. Toast with Jelly. 
Lexi: HIP HIP HOORAY!!!


And then I gave her toast with peanut butter and a tiny smear of jelly on it. And she ate it all without question. 
Kids.... sheesh.

1 comment: