Wednesday, July 7, 2010

June Jiggles


Originally, I had planned to make a list of the highlights of the past month or so and have a picture to accompany each listing. Being a mom got the better of me though, and in between feedings, changing diapers, and trying to soothe a crabby baby, the last thing that I wanted to do was to spend hours jogging my brain (which is still working on regenerating all those cells I lost while pregnant) for all those funny details. So instead I merely uploaded some fun photos from the month of June and will let the captions tell the rest. ;) [note: photos start at the most recent and backtrack from there]

World Cup game - Mexico vs. Argentina!!!! From the look of Lexi's face here, we are pretty sure that she knew what the outcome of the game would be.... Baby premonition. We should have listened.... Booooooooooo Argentina!


Two of my sisters, Katie (12) and Abby (11), spent two weeks with us this June after my family returned to Mexico. They helped me out around the apartment and with the baby a lot while they were here - Thank you girls!!! We really enjoyed having them here!

Auntie Kate bonding with her niece

Me and Alexandria having a morning chat during some tummy time



The Staswick Family! A beautiful day at the Chicago Botanic Gardens

Grandpa and Grandma Staswick come to visit (below)

"Papi" and "GG" with Alexandria (those would be my parents...:) They love babies (hence the having 7 kids thing)...and kept trying to sneak Lexi home with them.
Aunt Helen and Mimi (my dad's mom) came to visit from Kansas and Colorado


The month of June (as you can see) was full of fun, laughter, family, and LOTS of people in our tiny one bedroom apartment! We enjoyed every minute of it (well, ok, maybe not every minute, but most of them anyway!) and had SO much fun that Eric and I have decided that the Crino family needs to move close by. ;)

After over 6 weeks of constant visitors (and recovery for me), we are now adjusting to life as a three-some in our sticky hot apartment. In between tickling Lexi's belly to make her smile and giggle (she's 7 weeks now), I am finally able to exercise and play soccer with our friends again (YAY!!!) and have been painting while Lexi naps (except for the current nap, which I used to write this blog...).

On an ending note, Alexandria is still sleeping in her swing and looks like a chubby naked Buddha baby. I think we'll keep her.

No comments:

Post a Comment