Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beach Day!

Alexandria and my adventure today was a trip to Foster beach! We left around 9:30 am with our friend Rachael and spent the morning wading in the chilly waters of Lake Michigan and lounging in the sand. It was a perfect morning for the beach - and we are fortunate to only live 3 miles away!

Lexi stayed cool and shady in her Monet umbrella tent. She was most likely dreaming of oil painted water lilies. I will also note that I was a very good mama and had the baby in the sun for maybe a total of 10 minutes (and she was slathered in sun screen as well). I will also note that although I have had a past of avoiding sunscreen like the plague and then turning into a lobster inevitably, I made healthy choices today and applied and re-applied my sunscreen several times while at the beach. I will now give myself a pat on my NOT-burned back. [insert pats here]

Lexi stayed "high and dry" while I waded in the water.

Yes, Dad. That IS a Cubs hat on my head. (Black is just not pleasant in the hot sun - I don't know what those south-siders were thinking...)

Beautiful morning. Now nap time calls...

No comments:

Post a Comment