Friday, July 30, 2010

Brainy madness

I want my lost brain cells back. Period.

Unfortunately, my fellow Mom friends tell me that the cells won't replenish themselves until after Alexandria is weaned. They say it's because when you're a mom to little babies, all those extra brain cells would make you crazy. It's good to forget sometimes. All the crying and poop and more crying and no sleeping and more poop. That's why moms are so amazingly resilient and can deal with some of the toughest things day after day - like having a new baby and readjusting your life constantly because of it. They just don't take it all in.

Which must be why - within a 24 hour period - I put the chips away in the refrigerator (yes, because chips need to be cold), told someone that I'm 22 (am I in denial already?), thought I must have some rare disease due to the fist fulls of hair that were falling off my head (and at this rate, I will be bald by next week - thank you, hormones, yet again) and gave my name and phone number to a Jehova's Witness. Yes. You read that correctly. I gave my name and phone number to a Jehova's Witness. And you thought the chips in the fridge thing was bad. Ha.

It wasn't even because I was hoping to evangelize them to true christianity either. It was simply because the brain cells I should have, but lost due to my recent baby-growing condition, weren't there to tell me that I was being ridiculous. So now a Jehova's Witness lady is going to call me so that we can meet in the park and she can answer all of my questions about God and why He lets bad things happen to good people and heaven and all of that. Except, let's be honest, I would DIE if I had to wear a skirt and high heels every day, so that's not going to happen. And because I would rather choose my own clothing attire, I probably will just have to let her know I'm not interested. But come to think of it, maybe I can ask her where my lost brain cells went.

1 comment: