Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Birthday bash, part 2



Mid May, my oldest turned three.


The morning of her birthday, she received a fun tent and backpack from her grandparents.
We spent the entire day playing outside and having fun with my parents and siblings who came over around lunch time.


My three-year-old has been talking about having "cu-cakes" on her birthday for weeks now. She was also really adamant about them being chocolate. We invited a lot of people over for a cook out that evening, so I opted for cake from a box with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting. The birthday girl approved.



When the time came to sing happy birthday, the birthday girl ran away crying! Eric had to go get her from inside the house where she was hiding and took a while trying to convince her that we wouldn't sing to her again and that yes, now she could eat the cupcake! ;-)




It also happened to be one of my sister's birthdays the same week. She was extraordinarily embarrassed that a bunch of people she didn't know were singing to her...


By the way, that (in the 9x13 pan) is a dirt cake. Eric LOVES to make dirt cakes. Back in 2010, when our oldest was born, my family came to visit and Eric made his first dirt cake for her. Every birthday since, dirt cake it is!

Sometime during the party, Pamboo got incredibly dirty....


Our Chicago family and best friends (including their kids, who I can't seem to find a good picture of).



My three-year-old is a new adventure every day. I am challenged, stretched, and forced to grow every single day. She brings so much life and joy and laughter into our lives. We are so blessed and humbled to be her parents. Thankful for a curious, creative, happy, joy filled, strong spirited little girl who never ceases to amaze me with her spunk, intelligence, and wit.

Here is to three happy years of adventure and a fresh start on the fourth!

1 comment: