Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Last Weekend of September

This weekend was amusing. 

Friday night I went to a bonfire at our best friend's house and had a night off from the kids since Lexi was in bed with a fever and Eric volunteered to stay home with the girls. What I didn't know is that when I would arrive home in the wee hours of the morning, both of the girls would be awake and crying and I would be just in time to see Lexi throw up all over Eric (I'm still thanking God it wasn't me...) and then help hose her down in the shower and throw everything in the washing machine (so glad I finally have one!).

Saturday Eric had a gig that got canceled, so for the first weekend in a loooooooong time, we had our Man home with us. :) Lexi felt much better later in the day, so we all treated ourselves to a long walk in our gorgeous Fall weather and some pumpkin frozen yogurt which was quite divine. 

Sunday we woke up and discovered Lexi in the kitchen eating cream cheese out of the box with a fork accompanied by a jar of raspberry jam. She mixes flavors well. Anyway, after church we met up with some friends and spent all afternoon at the beach. And this is when I love the fact that cell phones have cameras now. Because I definitely always forget my camera, but of course, am never without my phone. 


 My oldest always refuses to take pictures with us, so our family portrait consists of me, Eric, and the back of a sleeping babe's head. One day....one day we will get a real family picture!

Proof that both Lexi and Luc were there too. ;)

Monday consisted of being late, arriving home from Moms group to discover that my hair looked worse than horrible (I was kicking myself for not showering), getting baby barfed on, toddler poop on my jeans, lots and lots of tantrums and time outs and messes and not good things. So to raise our Monday blues into joyfulness, we drank some green smoothies, took naps, and did lots and lots and lots and lots of laundry all afternoon. I also officially gave my babe the boot from our bedroom and put her crib in my art studio for the week while we sleep train her. Best. Decision. Ever. In a week or two, she will hopefully be able to join her sister and give me my creative space back (because it is all about me, after all, right?).

There really isn't much point to this post except that I don't have anything to do right now since my art studio is occupied and my house is (almost) clean for company tonight. Although I do believe my time has run out and that there is a certain little girl peeking at me from her bedroom doorway...

Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment