Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday

It's Wednesday nap time. 

It was only after my baby fell asleep that I realized that I had (once again) put her to bed in my studio...which also contains all of my sewing supplies... This week I signed up for a 7 day kids clothing sewing challenge which so far I am failing miserably at. I have not only missed two days of the challenge due to being extraordinarily busy in the evenings, but I also spent over two hours sewing a scarf for MYSELF. And it's still not done. I hope my children forgive me. Maybe I will re-start the challenge for myself and just do it next week....

There has been a lot of Autumn around here this week. Pumpkin pie, hot cider, and of course, the pumpkins themselves. Lexi's mini pumpkin got covered in stickers. Mine got a chevron makeover.



Lyla is six months old today. She is so funny. Not only is she a really laid-back, happy-go-lucky baby, but she is also a mover. She started crawling (the full hands and knees crawl) at five months and then today, to celebrate her six-month-ness, pulled herself up on the laundry basket that you can just make out in the picture...(what you can't see are all the clothes that have been waiting to be folded for the past three days...*sigh*). I am the unfortunate mother of two highly athletic and physically coordinated girls. Am I really destined to be a soccer mom? (*sigh*) Can we please just forego the mini van? (*double sigh*)


Our local playground has turned into a fairy land in the past week. We have been spending lots of time there, which is so much more refreshing and fun now that the oppressive heat is gone and we have crisp cold air instead. Lyla napped in her stroller and Lexi and I had the whole playground to ourselves this morning.

We collected leaves.

Gazed up at the dazzling colors.

Romped around...

Happy. happy. happy.

I even remembered how to make a leaf crown. 
Lexi was a little crazed, dazed, and confused I guess, at the thought of being a fairy queen. 


And now one babe is awake and is squawking loudly for me to come and release her from her crib prison. 
Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment