Thursday, January 27, 2011

Little Bits of Thursday Happiness

5 Reasons that make today great:

1) Acquiring license plates for my now registered (and altogether awesome) vehicle. I like being legal.

2) After driving in snowy conditions to the DMV (twice, since I had to come back home to get Eric's signature on something), getting lost on the way home, and writing checks for exorbitant amounts in order to drive around the lovely state of Illinois legally, I came home noticeably crabby. And then Luc, who just got back from a trip to India last week, jumped up from the couch and made me a steaming mug of the most delicious, creamy and flavorful Chai tea that I have ever had. It totally made my day.

3) Today, I have finally started to recycle! Chicago doesn't make it very easy for apartment dwellers to recycle, so if you want to do the world that little favor, you have to bring your recycling to a recycling collection area. This used to be impossible for us to take part in without the means to transport our cans and paper and glass, but now that we have a car, we can! I have also realized that while we did perfectly fine not having a car for the past 5 years, having one really opens up a lot of opportunities that weren't there before. I am so thankful.

4) The word: pulchritudinous. Makes me smile every time.

5) A sleeping baby combined with the smell of the bread that is baking in the oven. Nothing like a quiet afternoon to share with a companionable book with a thick slice of warm bread to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment