Sunday, April 21, 2013

How does my garden grow? With sweet girls and a whole lot of horse poo dirt.

My sweet baby turned one last week. Right after we received three tons of dirt in our alley.
Here's my pretty one waiting for our garden delivery.


The truck arrived and we laid a tarp in the alley for them to dump the soil onto.


See the steam? This garden mix is fertile stuff. 


And the shoveling begins.


This horse poo will make my garden grow.


I made the garden beds the week before, and loosened all the soil underneath so the plant roots can grow down deeper. Here's the rest of the "crew" filling the beds.


My favorite little worker helping move the soil into the beds. 


My sister smoothing the soil.


Filling up her bucket. She helped us the entire 45 minutes it took us to move the soil.


The baby did a great job watching and smirking at us as we worked. I think she's a baby genius.


More shoveling. The pile is quickly dwindling!


Lexi enjoyed a fun wheelbarrow ride after we were done! And what is with that cheesy grin with the eyes closed?!?


And let's not forget about the chickens. They are in their ugly adolescence. And boy do they have LONG necks! They have been chirping incessantly. Yesterday I walked in and Gloria flew up out of her tub and smacked me in the chest. After a few days of hunting for missing chickens behind Eric's camera equipment, Eric finally finished the coop enough for the chicken to inhabit it (he had to put it off for a few days because our sink was clogged).


They are out of the house now, thankfully. Although I do kind of miss their chirpy music all day long. So I traded in the chickens for a dog, which I love. I mean, you can't really cuddle with a chicken, unless you like getting pecked at and scratched. But this dog? Love her. And this girl. I mean, is she for real? 
Too much cuteness.



No comments:

Post a Comment