Friday, April 1, 2011

Fat Lards Don't Starve

Home from Nebraska and it's back to eating whole wheat bread and strawberries until I shake off my laziness and drive to the store. It's always good to go visit the parents, where there are always THREE full meals a day (that's right, I said THREE), plus snacks and dessert...every single day. We come home feeling like nicely plumped maggots in need of some chocolate Slimfast shakes. The feeling doesn't last long, though, since we haven't eaten anything substantial since Wednesday at noon.

It's not that I can't cook. I can. And do, sometimes. The problem is that I will go through most of the day and just won't remember to eat. Eric has the same problem working from home. We just don't think about it. I tend to be so preoccupied with Lexi and getting her fed (yes, I do remember to feed her) and napped and away from all the electrical cords that eating goes way down on my list of priorities. As does grocery shopping, which also happens to be one my least favorite things to do.

The good news is that I am going to Mexico in less than three days and there are enough mouths to feed at the Crino house that there is always a meal on hand - complete with salad, bread, and cookies (if Katie's in a good mood, that is!).

And then I am coming home to Chicago and buying a new pair of running shoes. Two reasons for that: 1) I am anticipating feeling like a fat lard upon my return, and 2) Mid April in Chicago means EXERCISE WEATHER!!! In case you were wondering, the winter is so harsh here that as much as I try to motivate myself, I don't end up exercising all that much. Weight certainly isn't an issue right now (props to breastfeeding - burns more calories than I end up consuming), it's more that I have been active my whole life and my muscles have been in hibernation all winter long. And it has been really long. So if it is above 40 degrees outside, and not snowing, I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment