Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ten Things Thursday

A college friend of mine writes a weekly "Ten things Tuesday" post on her blog that I stole this very non-original theme from. The idea is to list 10 things that made you smile in the past week and why. Of course, I missed the Tuesday deadline, so I will stick with the trendy T's and just give it a go on this sultry hot Thursday.

1. Discovering that my blog now has SIX followers! I know. I am thrilled. (as you can see, it doesn't take much to make me happy) And for those of you out there who read my blog and are not listed as followers (aka....my parents), you can make me even happier by officially pushing the follow button on the right hand side of the screen.

2. Having my final PT appointment this morning!!!!!!! It has been a long road to recovery, but I made it! Now on to baby #2.

just kidding.

3. I baked a LUSCIOUS Rhubarb Tart which Eric and I enjoyed for breakfast, lunch and dinner for two days in a row. It was accompanied by my heavenly chocolate banana bread. We are very healthy over here as you can see. And yes, I have decided as of today to start taking pictures of my baking/cooking sprees so that I can make your mouths water along with mine...

4. Tickling Alexandria until she laughs! Seriously, her laugh is the most adorable sound I have ever heard. Plus, she still hasn't quite figured out what is happening when she laughs, and the sound of it startles her. Which then makes me laugh.

5. I put Alexandria in a little yellow dress that is 40 years old for the wedding that we went to this past weekend. She looked like a little doll. And got probably as much attention as the bride.

6. The Nacho Bar at Brian and Beth's wedding. Best idea EVER!!! We flew out to Nebraska this past weekend for Eric's older brother's wedding. Being a part of the Staswick family is always a joy and this last weekend was filled with plenty of it! Hooray for Brian and his wife Beth! (These Staswick boys definitely have a thing for girls named Beth. ;)

7. In the airport, as I was collecting my belongings off of the x-ray strip in security, one of the guards came up to me and said, "I like your baby's hair." And that was it. For those of you who don't know, Alexandria's hair is thick, wavy, at least an inch long and (this is the best part) sticks straight up. She pretty much has a permanent faux-hawk and I think it is hilarious. Apparently the security guard did too.

8. Jack found a "chicco" bug, swatted it off the wall, killed it, ate it, and then paced the room crying for the next hour looking for it. He also likes to swim. I have the coolest cats ever.

9. I created approximately 15 feet of a collage (18 inches tall) in two days. It is AWESOME and will soon be hanging up in my friend Luc's bedroom. Only 5 more feet or so left to collage...

10. My brother texted me at 7:30 this morning just to see how my day was going. Now, realize that at 7:30 in the morning I am usually either just waking up, or still asleep (Alexandria usually sleeps until 8). So while it is a little impractical for me to tell him how my day is going at 7:30 am, it's the fact that he cares about me enough to even ask every day how I am. I love my brother.

11. Yes, one more thing. Eric. Every time he walks into the room, Alexandria gets super excited and starts smiling and googling like crazy. I pretty much do the same thing (poor guy). We love him to death. LOVE HIM! It's been two years and two months and I still firmly believe that I am the luckiest girl in the world to have Eric as my husband. And that thought makes me smile every single day.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Bethers. We love you. Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, I love reading your blog. And I think food pictures are a great idea. And I think you were a great idea. Good job, God.

    ReplyDelete