Friday, August 20, 2010

Giant Baby Invades the NPU Green Space!!! and other crazy tales...

It's Friday. And this week I have seen some crazy things. And had some crazy things happen to me. For one, I saw this adorable baby turn into a giant on the green space (thanks to Eric's fish-eye lens).

She's like the soft pudgy version of Baby Godzilla (if you haven't seen that film, you may be missing out).

2. I walked past a giant intimidating sunflower growing on the side of Lincoln Ave. It was taller than me (not a hard thing to do) and looked down on me smugly as I walked by. I had the eerie feeling that this flower was not just an ordinary part of vegetation. It had feelings. And with that, I sped up my walking pace and decided that flowers should not be allowed to grow past the human knee.

3. I encountered a pile of discarded clothing on the bridge that crosses the North Branch of the Chicago River. First of all, I don't actually know if anyone can physically survive a swim in the semi-toxic waters of the Chicago River. Secondly, with all the discarded clothing I see around here (and when I say clothing, I literally mean pants, shirt, socks, shoes) I am rather surprised that I have not run into more naked people casually strolling about.

4. While walking to the baby's bedroom to put Alexandria down for her nap, I stepped into something slimy. Thinking Alexandria had spit up on the floor while I was carrying her, I looked down to assess the damage. Unfortunately, there was no spit up to be seen. There was my bare foot, smack dab in the middle of a gooey brown mess of cat barf.

Alexandria's nap was temporarily delayed while I hollered for the next five minutes.

5. I caught a weird post-baby, pre-moving cleaning syndrome. In the midst of creating "keep," "give away" and "reorganize" piles, I realized halfway in that I took on a job that is slightly too big for me to handle. We have SO MUCH baby stuff! I forgot that a growing baby means more clothes.....all the time! In a one bedroom apartment with absolutely NO storage space, it is getting to be a problem navigating our back rooms. Village Discount is going to get a jackpot. And no, we're not moving. Which is why it's weird that I caught the pre-moving cleaning out bug.

6. There has been no chocolate in our house in over two weeks. There is DEFINITELY something VERY wrong with this situation. I plan to remedy that today before something terrible happens. After all, chocolate is a very serious business around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment