Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A little Mexican sunshine...on a cold winter's day

Today is Tuesday. Kids therapy day. Laundry day. Pack lunches day. Preschool drop off and pick up day. Short naps and crabby kids day. Cold day. But sunny day.

So with the lazy weekend behind us and the long week looming, what better day than to look at some pictures of Eric and my vacation last week!?!

If you think this post is mean, I truly don't mean it to be. Really. But when you have four kids four and under and are pregnant with the fifth and some lovely friends gift you with the finances to use specifically to pack up and take a warm tropical vacation with your best friend......well......you grab your passport pronto and get to the airport as fast as the taxi will take you!

Which is exactly what we did.

Welcome to Playa del Carmen, located in Quintana Roo, Mexico. 








Here we are looking rather terrible (I really never want to see this picture anywhere else, Mom....ahem), but quite happy to have all the time in the world to relax and do absolutely nothing. 
We spent a few days at a lovely resort right on the beach. It wasn't a long vacation, by any means, but it was perfect for being warm, having fun together, and taking the break from our daily lives that we have so desperately needed. Coincidentally, we were there over the weekend of my birthday. So on my birthday, to fulfill one of my dreams, we went snorkeling (for the first time) in a gorgeous reef out in a protected area. It was a truly unforgettable experience! I also took the opportunity to spend some birthday money on a prenatal massage (which was glorious) at the spa connected to the resort. I don't remember the last time I really did much of anything for myself, so it was a huge treat!


The resort property was huge and filled with all kinds of tropical trees, wildlife, walking trails, and ancient Mayan ruins. I LOVE seeing history face to face and was excited to find five or six different sites with identifiable ruins within walking distance of our room.
 As of last week, 21 weeks pregnant and rounding out quite nicely. ;-) And if you remember any of my stories from my last two pregnancies, this little babe is just as wild and athletic as the other two!
 And there were flowers!!!! Gorgeous big beautiful flowers!!! I couldn't help myself. This winter has been decidedly way too long and cold for my liking.
 Bougainvillea...my favorite flower of Mexico. It will forever remind me of home there.
Saying goodbye to the ocean was sad...
But coming home to my four girls (two of them not pictured) is always a joy as well.


I am so very thankful for our dear friends who have been walking alongside us throughout our foster parenting journey and who so generously blessed us with the finances to allow Eric and I to take a few days away together. It was so very needed. And to Eric's lovely mother, who drove all the way here and heroically parented our girls single-handedly while we were gone! We owe you a world of thanks!

Through all of our hardships this winter, we have been so blessed to see the Lord provide for us again and again through the Body of believers around us. When we walk in obedience to His call, He provides, always. And always more than we could ever ask or imagine. Our day to day life and parenting in this season is really really hard. But we aren't doing it alone. And for that I am thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment