Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Choosing Joy


One of the things I hate about myself as a mom.

Sudden raging anger over the simplest things.

She doesn't come when I call her.
She gets out of bed for the millionth time.
She hits her sister.
She loses control.

Why do you have to act like you're three? Why can't you be mature? Why can't you act like you are supposed to? How many times have I told you not to do that?

And there I am. Yelling again. Filled with anger at a child that I asked the Lord for, whom I love so very desperately. And suddenly I'm the one who has lost control. 

Perhaps I'm the one that is not acting like I am supposed to. 



I read this today, written by another broken mother (who also happens to be Ann Voskamp). Here we are trying and trying, and yet we still forget why we were created.


And so I am thankful for a good Father. Who forgives more than we deserve. Who loves more deeply than we can fathom. And who longs for us to give ourselves over completely.

Battle for joy, or lose your life. Or other's lose theirs.


I choose joy.
What will you choose today?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I left a comment, it showed up twice...so I deleted one and they both disappeared.
    I SAID in my deleted comment....
    Thanks for writing this. Battle for Joy. Yes!
    Your pictures are pretty...your girls adorable.

    I moved over to blog now. It will be easy to comment now!
    Have a Great evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Liz! I am glad that you moved over here as well. Love reading your posts and am always encouraged. Attitude and joy is a daily choice and never an easy battle for me!

    ReplyDelete