Thursday, June 13, 2013

A weekend away...

Five happy years. 

One lovely weekend 
- with just the two of us - 
in Door County, WI.

Here's a small glimpse of our fun. 
[*The following pictures are a mix of phone and camera pictures - hence the random quality change]

Sturgeon Bay
Peninsula State Park


All boys have to show off a little...


At a lookout in the park

Breakfast in bed
Our private porch

Feeding baby goats at a local dairy we visited

Our favorite place in Ephraim

Kayaking out to Horseshoe Island

On the shores of the island


Hiking on Horseshoe Island

I fell in love with all the wild Forget-me-not's covering the forest floors. They look so ethereal.






Our sweet rewards for kayaking there and back again. Mine was french vanilla and black cherry double scoop.

Light dinner of fresh produce and local bread, wine, and cheese on our porch



In the gardens at the bed and breakfast

This Sturgeon is covered in cutlery! I forced Eric to pose by it...


Already missing it. 
So thankful for a time to get away and be with my best friend. 
No distractions. Nobody small to care for. Nothing to do, except anything and everything.
Looking forward to hopefully visiting again next summer! 

2 comments:

  1. i love you guys. congrats on 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like such a wonderful time!
    I have great memories in DC, but I long to see it all as an adult.
    I should show you the Peninsula State Park painting I have in our living room :)
    my favorite photo is the one of you two in the forget-me-not forest!
    floral & fudge

    ReplyDelete