Friday, January 11, 2013

Reason # 5,896,321

...why I love raising little girls.


I grew up a tom boy. I would have died a thousand deaths before ever even dreaming of putting these on my feet. And yet here they are on my daughter's feet. Beautiful and glitzy and glamorous. She calls them her "Princess shoes" and won't let them out of her sight (even though they are still a size too big). She makes me wish I could do my girlhood over again. This time with all the glitz and little girl frills. Maybe it would have helped my fashion sense, or lack thereof. 

Seriously. I am pretty sure I am doomed to plain cotton tops paired with jeans and sneakers for the remainder of my life unless someone drags me to the store (without my kids of course) and does all the right shopping for me. Actually, if I'm being honest, (and I'm always honest on here) my biggest fantasy (purely non-sexual, thanks) is for someone to arrive at my house having done all the shopping for me, and supply me with trunk loads of a new stylish wardrobe that is also boho-chic and me all at the same time. And all the clothes and shoes and everything fit perfectly without me ever having to set foot in a public dressing room or, God forbid, the Mall (which to me is on the same pain level as purgatory, which I don't know much about, but have heard it's pretty terrible).

Maybe Lexi will turn into a fashionista and buy things for me while she is out. Or not. After all, this is the same toddler that spends the majority of her daytime hours running around the house in just her underwear and shoes. She says she's wearing her "nakey nakes." If I ask her to put clothes on, she tells me she's already in her "nakes" and therefore doesn't need clothes. Can't argue with that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment