Thursday, November 3, 2011

Movin' and a-Groovin'

For those of you who know Lexi, you know that she rarely (if ever) stops moving. She is always running here, there, and everywhere in order to explore and try things and then switch to something else 15 seconds later.

Lexi has been moving like this since I first felt her flutter in the womb. I started feeling her little kicks at 15 weeks, which is incredibly early for a first baby. Since then, she continued to be the most active little baby in-utero that the Midwives had ever experienced.

Once born, she was holding her head up by day one. Pushing up with her arms when lying on her tummy during the first week, and rolling over by week two. She was crawling by 5 months, standing by 7, furniture walking by 8, and then decided to wait to walk independently until the day of her first birthday. At her birthday party that afternoon, she took nine running steps and hasn't stopped running and dancing and climbing since!

Funny thing is, Baby that is currently in-utero, is beginning to show some similar traits. At 13 weeks I felt a flutter. I brushed it off as being way to early. But then at 14 weeks it kept happening. And then by 15 weeks I was feeling very defined pops and kicks that could in no way be mistaken for anything other than a moving little being in there. And now at 16 weeks, the strong little movements occur several times every day! My conclusion? Eric and my calm, laid back personalities combined and backfired on us. We are destined to have only the MOST active and "alive" biological children... Which is pretty cool, I guess, since Lexi is smarter than I am already and will probably be running the government by age ten. If she can ever sit still long enough, that is. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment