Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mud, Anyone?

You know you're not a paranoid Mom when you look over at your daughter playing in the grass and see thick, black globs of mud oozing out of her mouth and, instead of screaming due to your lack of attention, end up doubled over because you're laughing so hard at the hilarity of the situation.
Meanwhile, my whimpering Lexi is standing there, black mud filled mouth wide open, spitting and trying unsuccessfully to scrape the mud off her tongue and out of her mouth with her uncoordinated fingers. When my laughing eased so I could breathe again, I did go to her rescue and used my handy dandy "finger hook swipe" to get the majority of the mud out (and there was a lot) and then cleaned off her tongue with a baby wipe. Poor Lexi. I would think that mud would taste a whole lot better than a baby wipe, but she didn't seem to complain. She did drink her entire cup of water afterwards though.
I don't think she will be putting dirt clods in her mouth again anytime soon. Now if she could only get the same idea when it comes to the cat food....

No comments:

Post a Comment