Saturday, February 12, 2011

Alligators and Kitty Tails

Eric went to Florida this week on business and took lots of video and pictures of alligators. I was ever so slightly envious of his three days spent in warm humidity, since last week was the coldest it has been all winter (at least it felt that way to me). Today is a balmy 35 degrees F, and yes, I celebrated by spending some time outside in my t-shirt.

I also discovered this last week that it is lots easier (and more fun) to read everyone else's blogs instead of writing my own. After all, seeing through a window into someone else's life is always more entertaining than reflecting on your own. Hence the reality TV show fad that America has embraced whole-heartedly.

Alexandria has been impressing us with her "furniture walking," climbing over barriers that are bigger than her, gagging when I feed her spinach, and pulling our cat Lily's tail until Lily is forced to hiss and bare her teeth. Lexi thinks Lily's warnings are quite amusing. But Lily remains tolerant enough, and has never bitten or scratched any of us three, which is better than I can say for my family's psycho dog that terrorized cute Abby when she was just a little crawling lump of a baby. (We kissed that dog goodbye shortly after, and she is now spending the rest of her life being coddled by a childless couple who chose to put up with her poor addled mind and crazy outbursts.)

We have been very busy sugar-loading over here since the arrival of our annual Valentines box from Eric's generous Mom. 18 lbs of goodies...(you really did out-do yourself this year, Mom Staswick!) Needless to say, Eric is happy with his favorite treats, and our neighbors think we are the BEST after receiving abundant plates of our sweet bounty.

Lexi even had a special Valentine treat for her very own!


In parting, I will leave you with my secret to making and keeping friends: Seduce them with yummy food, and keep them coming back for more. Works every time.

I should write a book.


No comments:

Post a Comment