Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas in Chi-town

Yesterday I kicked Manicotti BUTT! A meal that is normally a huge multi-person, Christmas Eve only, entire morning production was accomplished solo in a mere hour and 15 minutes while Alexandria took her morning nap.

After the wonderfulness of our Thanksgiving dinner party, Eric and I decided to have a Chicago Family Christmas since we and our dear friends will all be gone for the holidays. We stole a Christmas tree from the apartment upstairs (think Grinch-style), piled penguin-wrapped presents underneath it, filled our apartment with tea candles, broke out the china (for the second time in 2 1/2 years), invited our friends, and served the traditional Crino Christmas Eve meal: Homemade Manicotti (complete with homemade noodles and sauce), Italian sausages, garlic bread sticks and a garden salad.

I should be on Iron Chef.

Ok, just kidding.

After an evening of good Italian food, fellowship with the best friends anyone could ever ask for, ripping open presents, gently falling snow, and outrageously delicious Christmas cookies, I've decided that Chicago is an OK place to be.

I also managed to completely surprise Eric with his Christmas present, which was a lot of fun, although I have to confess that I had to momentarily suppress my nostalgia for physical books and Lo and Behold, bought my husband a Kindle.

He loves it. And has been reading ever since!

Confession #2: I was gifted with 2 Glee soundtracks and the entire Season 1 on Blue Ray. I am very GLEEful!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment