Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Im a nerd.

"Nobody can go back to the beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
I love this quote. I also love the fact that I will never be a perfect friend, wife, parent, you-name-it. But that's the beautiful thing about sleeping 8 hours (or 2 hours and then 4 hours and then 1.5 hours in my case...it does get better, right?). Anyway, that's the beautiful thing about sleeping in the night in general, because when you wake up in the morning, you can start fresh. I LOVE that about the morning! I actually used to be a really grumpy morning person (confession here folks).
Rephrase: I thought that I was a grumpy morning person, but then my sister moved out and I got married. And let me tell you, I love my sister, but waking up to a quiet smiling husband is loads different than waking up to the Good Morning Sunshine song sung in your face by an excessively HAPPY morning person. And this just isn't normal happiness here, folk. As soon as she opens her eyes she is happy enough to yodel. And that's just weird.

She knows I love her though. I just don't love the whole morning song thing. Ok, you get it.

Anyway, no more grumpy morning person! One look at my baby's smiling face (and yes, she is excessively happy too. She gets it from her aunt.) and I can't be mad at her for getting me up 5 times during the night. Her cuteness factor definitely saves her. Speaking of cuteness factor, can you say Baby Model???!!! You think I'm kidding. I'm not.

So this week, I have been a cool hot Mama as my day job (Eric and Lexi can confirm this), but at NIGHT, I play Star Wars. That's right. Target is clearing out their Star Wars minis, which means that Eric bought an entire basket full. Confession (yet again): we are super big Star Wars nerds over here. So if you don't like Star Wars, this could be a turning point in our relationship. Seriously.

Just kidding.

No, seriously.

So that's what we do. We play Scrabble, we play Star Wars miniatures games, we hang out with our cute kiddo, eat a lot of yummy food that I concoct, hang out with our buddies (who also benefit from the yummy food I concoct), listen to sweet tunes on Pandora Radio, and play soccer on every nice day that shows its face. It's a pretty great life, I must say. No mountains, but hey, we have the illusion of mountains, so that's cool, right?!.......(not).....

And since I have absolutely no idea what this post is even about, I will leave you with this:

Love God,
Hate Sin,
And watch out for Trucks.

1 comment: