Wednesday, October 13, 2010

La musica del corazon

Do you know how when you hear a piece of music that really moves you? It moves you so much that it reaches into the core of your very being and wraps its gentle tendrils around your heart. When it is over, the scent of it still lingers, filling you with its presence and certainty. It's often almost impossible to describe to anyone what that particular music sounded like or why it moved you. You know how felt, though. And you know you were changed because of it.

That's how I feel about my trip to Mexico to visit my parents and sisters. I could tell you what we did, but that would feel empty and probably boring, since we spent more time just being with each other than doing things. So I will simply say that it was beautiful. It moved me. And we are going back for more.

These pictures pretty much sum up why Lexi and I went to visit my family. They also are very telling in how the sweet hours were spent.





1 comment:

  1. Our time with Bethers and Lexi was a wonderful experience. I'm so glad Lexi likes my hats. I hope to have many times of "mad hatting" with my grand daughter. Thank you, Eric, for giving us the blessing of your girls for 10 days. Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete