Monday, October 18, 2010

Behold...

...my excuses for not blogging.

1. Lexi stopped sleeping through the night.
2. I got a purple fall fleece zip up thingy for Lexi to wear outside in the chilly air (50 cents of wonderfulness). Sometimes it's easy to forget she is a baby when she looks and feels like a big purple plushy toy.
3. I am currently reading a very interesting book. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's been on my list for years and I finally bought it in the airport on my way home from Mexico. Interesting, to say the least, and I will not be going to an Ashram anytime in the near future.
4. Made lots of pumpkin things which all turned out not so great. And when I cook un-delicious things, my world kind of crumbles...
5. There are always people in my apartment. Not counting the three that pay rent.
6. I am constantly cleaning up after all the people in my apartment.
7. I love all the people in my apartment too much to wish they weren't here.
8. Lexi and I went to a pumpkin patch that had giraffes in the petting zoo. (And if that's not weird, I don't know what is!)
9. One dozen fresh bagels, one dozen apple cider doughnuts, fresh apple butter, pumpkin butter, and too much pumpkin pie.
10. And let's just face it: although every day is great, my life is a little too boring to write something interesting about every day. But I'm working on it.

3 comments:

  1. i think these are all legitimate excuses. I think your next excuse should be because you are visiting ME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do let me know what you think of the book. For some reason, I could not get through it, but others rave. Am I missing something? Fill me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book: Part 1 is all about Italy, culture, and food. It's awesome! Part 2: Discovering her spirituality in an Indian Ashram. Boring, wacky, and full of hyper-spirituality combined with weird theology. Part 3: Taking up with a Brazilian lover. Too much information.
    Conclusion: You aren't missing anything, and I don't know if I can even finish it myself.

    ReplyDelete