Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Thursday List

Ten things that made me happy this week:

1. Walked into Alexandria's room and found her looking at me like this.

2. If you haven't already guessed, Alexandria has become a rolling fool in the past week. She rolls everywhere. She has also discovered that she can grab her toys while on her tummy. It's amazing to me how fast she is developing! While I love how fast she is growing, sometimes I just want my little snuggly little lump of a newborn back.

3. Eric comes home from his photo shoot in Rhode Island tonight! Not only that, but we are actually going on a date (without the baby) on Friday for the first time since Alexandria was 6 weeks old. (She's 17 weeks now, so yeah, you get the picture of how long it's been.) It has nothing to do with not wanting to leave our daughter with a babysitter. Eric has just been SO busy these past two months that we haven't been able to go anywhere. (He's still just as busy as before, but I just bribed him to take me out this time.)

4. I am going to Mexico in 12 days! The baby and I are flying out to visit my family in Mexico City. It will be no fun being away from Eric, but I get to eat tacos and bask in the Mexican sun/ smog. So there.

5. Pandora Radio. Eric surprised me with some speakers for my little Netbook the other day and I have had sweet tunes filling the apartment ever since.

6. I started a new drawing. And I am really excited about it.

7. I'm baking chocolate swirl bread with some leftover homemade chocolate frosting (that Eric made). It's just butter and sugar and chocolate baked into bread dough so it can't be too bad, right?

8. A Fine Frenzy. LOVE HER VOICE!!! So does Lexi.

9. My childhood friend Lynn is now going to North Park and comes over to hang out with me twice a week. Times like these make me never want to leave Chicago.

10. Meeting Shane Claiborne in person (he spoke on campus last week) and reading The Irresistible Revolution. I am leaving Christianity to follow Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I put this picture as my desktop background and totally crack up every time I see it! The expression on her face is absolutely hilarious! Love her, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you get to eat tacos. This week I ate sticky rice from a rice cooker and soba noodles and mom sent me a care package with toppo in it. I think of you often. i will just have to come to chicago to get my fix of you...

    ReplyDelete