Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lexi loves jazz

The adventures of this past week have been numerous.
Last Saturday I took Lexi to the Jazz fest to meet up with some family and friends.
She LOVED it. To say the least.
Can't you tell by her face?

And here she is listening to the jazz vocalist who inspired her to start singing. Every time the female vocalist would start singing, Lexi would raise up her arms, stand straight up (while being held of course), and start crooning loudly along!
This picture was taken during a break in the singing.

This is the woman (on the screen) who started it all.
I will now begin building her jazz library to help her begin her future career as a jazz singer. Any contributions will be accepted. In return, I will invite you to her debut in about 18 years.

3 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAH. Lexi and I will be great friends. I love jazz. Love it. Miles Davis. Blossom Dearie. Billie Holiday. Manhattan Transfer. Jamie Cullum. Etta James. Louis Armstrong. Duke Ellington. As Art Blakely once said, "Jazz washes away the dust of every day life."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! She's gotten sooo big! I hadn't noticed it in other pictures. I guarantee I will be at her premier recital :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe. Jazz love is in the family. Good mommy.

    ReplyDelete