Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer days with Mimi

I spent a few days last week visiting my family while my Mimi was in town from Colorado. I haven't seen my Dad's mom in over three years. Distance, I have discovered, is not my best friend when it come between me and my family. And summer (another shocking discovery), is not my best friend when it comes to blogging. Here's a picture re-cap of our time together.
Mimi and Lexi in 2010, the last time we saw her. Lexi was only a few weeks old.
And now. 
Reading Lexi's favorite "Jesus book" together. Also I'm pretty sure that Lexi's hair has improved dramatically in the last three years. ;-)
Love this girl. My baby sister, giggling always.

My tutu-clad daughter remains skeptical of the sprinkler...

Lyla with her great-grandma, Mimi

This is what happens every time I tell her I'm taking her picture. 

Abby and Lyla

Glass water from the hose


Sami FINALLY gets a bath, thanks to Katie!

Adorably depressing. And I'm pretty convinced she could fly away with those ears. ;-)

Cheese ball

And resolved! Nonni saves the day!



I am so blessed to be this lovely, Godly woman's granddaughter 

And my daughter has no idea how blessed she is to have the opportunity to share life within multiple generatons


My mom, Mimi, and my kiddos. And no, I didn't cut Lyla's hair. It's just amazing like that. 

I get my short Sicilian genes from her. ;-)

Thank you, Mimi, for coming all the way to visit with us! We love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment