Monday, December 3, 2012

Birthday Joys

My favorite boy had his 27th birthday this weekend. 


Since the birthday boy is also the in house photographer, of course neither of us thought to get out a camera (and we have quite a few) and document the party (fail.)... So photo props to our friend Lucas for this little instagram of the cake and the birthday boy's luscious locks of hair. ;)

We had a great weekend with family and friends and were a little blue this morning when reality set in and the clock struck 7:30 AM, signaling the man of the house to leave for work. 

But today in the midst of mountains of laundry, very dirty floors, tired kids and leftover chocolate cake, I am so very thankful that God brought Eric and I together seven years ago. I still get a chuckle whenever I think about how when I first met him, I wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with him. Thanks to my friend Dan, who lived on the same floor as him, and my sister, who had a class with him and needed a study partner, he kept showing up. And eventually, so did I. 

And by his birthday party that first fall semester in 2005, ice skating downtown, I knew this guy was going to be my best friend for years to come. And I am so looking forward to the continuation of our lives together. 





No comments:

Post a Comment