Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"Sew" cute!


Thanks to my wonderful, amazing, favorite Aunt Helen, I have found a new creative outlet: Sewing! A couple of months ago, my very creative aunt (who also happens to be a pretty expert seamstress and quilter) called me and announced that she had received a much deserved new sewing machine for her birthday and was looking for a good home for her perfectly functioning old machine. I about peed my pants. This sewing machine has been in the family for years, and it is an enormous honor for it to pass into my hands! So, eager to start sewing and happy to provide it a creative home, I accepted the offer. Eric's parents were spending Thanksgiving in Missouri, and agreed to pick it up from my aunt who lives about an hour from where they were. When they came to visit us this December, the sewing machine came with. It currently resides on my art table in the sun room and has been running quite frequently in the past two weeks.

With the help of my friend Liz, who provided me with verbal instructions (you can visit her amazing sewing blog here www.mommysaidsew.com), I made this knot dress for Lexi. I finished the dress this afternoon and took some quick snapshots of her modeling it.



(And yes, my daughter has two legs. She's just tricky like that.)

Now that the dress is done, my next work in progress is a small quilt. The fabric is currently in the drier and waiting to be pressed and cut. But first things first. A certain whining toddler needs her dinner or I fear WW5 may be heading our way...

No comments:

Post a Comment